All Candidates Meeting
Provincial All Candidates Meeting May 24, 2018 Saugeen Shores Community Complex Meet & Greet 6:30 -7 p.m. Meeting starts 7 p.m.
Dear Residents of Huron-Bruce Riding,
The Saugeen Shores Chamber of Commerce is proud to host the upcoming Provincial All Candidates Meeting. We are pleased to partner with the Kincardine Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Federation of University Women to stage the evening. Local Media have aided us in getting the word out to the public, and for that we thank them.
The Kincardine and Saugeen Shores Chamber of Commerce are nonpartisan and will not support any one candidate. Our role is to create a forum for candidates and the public to connect.
The rules for the meeting are on the bottom. Should you be unable to attend in person, but wish to submit a question please forward your question to email@example.com . Questions will be compiled and forwarded to the moderator, John Divinski. Every effort will be made to include your question in the proceedings and/or be forwarded to the Candidates for comment.
Please feel free to contact Saugeen Shores General Manager, Joanne Robbins, or Kincardine General Manager, Terry Ann if you would like further information or want to discuss issues affecting you as a business owner or resident.
The Chamber Team Saugeen Shores Chamber of Commerce 1-519-832-2332 Kincardine Chamber of Commerce 519-396-9333
Candidate Meeting Rules
1. Substitutes or stand-ins for the candidates will be allowed for opening and closing remarks, but not the question period.
2. To preserve a non-partisan atmosphere during the meeting, no campaign banners, signs or other campaign paraphernalia will be allowed, including on the candidate’s person.
3. Campaign literature may be placed on a designated table in the hall before the meeting.
4. Candidates should arrive 15-30 minutes before their scheduled appearance to attend to last minute details such as review of the format and for microphone instructions or adjustments.
5. A moderator will conduct the meeting and has the responsibility to interrupt the proceedings to enforce the ground rules and format.
6. Time limits are as follows: Informal Meet & Greet from 6:30-7pm Opening speeches 3 minutes 1 minute maximum to ask a question 2 minutes maximum to answer any question 2 minutes allotted for closing speech .
7. A timekeeper will keep track of the time allotted to candidates as they speak and/or respond. The timekeeper will hold up a red card signalling “30 seconds left”.
8. The order of opening speeches will be alphabetical by last name, closing speeches will be called in the reverse order of opening speeches.
9. Questions from the audience will not be screened. They will be asked directly from the audience, one at a time. Should the questioner have another question, they will be asked to join the end of the line-up of questioners.
10. Questions will be addressed to “all candidates” or the “party candidate” the question may be directed to other candidates at the discretion of the moderator. The order of answers through the Q&A period will be random at the discretion of the moderator.